ADA Website Compliance Policy
Our goal is to provide a wonderful experience in the desirable location of Half Moon Bay, CA. We strive to create an environment that is welcoming and accommodating for all individuals, including those with disabilities. If you have difficulty navigating our website or booking a room at our hotel, we ask you to contact us via telephone or email and our helpful staff will be happy to assist you.
280 Capistrano Road
Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
Manager: Nancy Nerhan
We work very hard to provide an easy-to-use online experience for all guests. We believe all of our website visitors should be able to easily research online on http://oceanohalfmoonbay.com regardless of device type and whether an individual requires assistive technology. Our hotel website allows visitors to search for accessibility featured guest rooms with ease and details our property’s accessibility features here.
If you have any questions or would like to report any issues related to the accessibility features of our hotel’s website, please contact us at email@example.com
Hotel Website Accessibility Features
This hotel website for Oceano Hotel and Spa is designed to be fully accessible to all and is designed according to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and conforms to most priority checkpoints which entail some of the following elements:
Our hotel’s website can be navigated by using the tab key to traverse the elements of each page and by using the enter key to activate a highlighted link.
Structured, Semantic Markup
HTML heading tags are used to convey the document structure. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML maps so that the menu title can be read out, and the menu items are presented as a group.
All content images include descriptive ALT attributes and all purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
The site is designed to conform to Level AA compliance as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 and use structured semantic markup.
Our Hotel Offers The Following Accessibility Features
Property Accessibility Features
- Accessibility Equipment for Hearing-Impaired Persons – we have bed shaking alarm clocks
- TDD Telephone – available at the front desk
- Accessible Business Center for visually impaired. Front Desk can assist.
- Accessible Meeting Rooms – wheel chair accessible and Braille signs
- Accessible Public Restroom – wheel chair accessible and Braille signs
- Breakfast Area on Ground Floor – wheel chair accessible and Braille signs
- Connecting Rooms Available
- ADA Accessible Guest Room
- On-Site Designated Accessible Parking
- Service Animals Allowed
- Wheelchair Accessible – Hotel also has a wheel chair which is available free of charge.
- Chair Lift in Pool
Guest Room Accessibility Features
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Service Animals Allowed
- Accessible Path of Travel Around Beds
- TDD Telephone – Available at the front desk
- Accessible features include a visual alarm, and notification devices for the door and incoming telephone calls.
Bathroom Accessibility Features
- Grab Bars in Shower with a Shower Seat
- Roll in showers only – no tubs
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 (link is external), which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
- Section 508 (link is external), Information and news about the accessibility standards introduced by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Accessibility Software and Services
The following tools and services are available for free to assist you with viewing and interacting with our website:
- HTML Validator (link is external) for HTML Validator, a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.
- Click Here for Web Page Backward Compatibility Viewer (link is external), a tool for viewing your web pages without a variety of modern browser features.
- Click Here for Lynx (link is external), a free text-only web browser.
Optimize the way you view your web browser. If you have difficulty in reading our website on your screen, you may be able to change the settings on your browser to help you improve readability and visibility of each webpage:
Learn about the Accessibility features of these major Internet Browsers below:
- Mozilla Firefox: Click Here for Mozilla Firefox Accessibility Features (link is external)
- Google Chrome: Click Here for Google Accessibility Features (link is external)
- Internet Explorer: Click Here for Microsoft Internet Explorer Ease of Access Options (link is external)
- Apple Safari: Click Here for Apple Accessibility Support (link is external)
Ensure that accessible guest rooms are held for use by individuals with disabilities until all other guest rooms of that type have been rented and the accessible room requested is the only remaining room of that type.